Care home worker stole more than 11,000 from 100-year-old woman in shocking act of ‘treachery’

By Simon Walters for The Mail on Sunday
Published: 22:00 BST, 23 June 2012 | Updated: 22:00 BST, 23 June 2012
21
View
comments
Hopes of sparing the Duke of Wellington’s regiment from protection cuts rose last night after Ruler Andrew reacted openly to the dispute.
The Duke of York, who is Colonel- in-Chief of the battalion, indicated  he knew all about the controversy  what’s more, talked of his ‘passionate care’ for its soldiers.
His intercession takes after the exposure in The Mail on Sunday last week of plans to hatchet the 3rd Battalion, Yorkshire Regiment (Duke of Wellington’s), together with the misfortune of the name of the man who crushed Napoleon at the Fight of Waterloo in 1815.
The Duke of York, who is colonel-in-Chief of the battalion, talked of his ‘passionate care’ for the Duke of Wellington, right, battalion

A Buckingham Royal residence representative told this newspaper: ‘As the Colonel-in-Chief, the Duke of York is extremely mindful of the current dialogs about the future of the 3rd Regiment of the Yorkshire Regiment, Duke of Wellington’s.
‘As with all individuals of the Illustrious Family, His Illustrious Height cares  enthusiastically for the warriors in his regiments.’
The representative included that choices on the future shape of the Equipped Powers were a ‘matter for the initiative of the Armed force what’s more, for the Government.’
However, it is uncommon for individuals of the Illustrious Family to get included freely in such touchy matters what’s more, Andrew’s move is a major support in the battalion’s battle for survival.
Bombshell: Last week’s MoS report about the fight confronting the Wellington Battalion
Significantly, Andrew what’s more, the current Duke of Wellington, who is Appointee Colonel-in-Chief, were together last week at the Arrange of the Strap Benefit at Windsor.
The exhibit Duke, 96, is driving the battle to spare the Army’s last connect with Britain’s most well known combat zone hero. He has sent a composed dissent to the Boss of the General Staff, General Sir Dwindle Wall, inquiring him to reconsider.
The battalion, known tenderly as ‘the Duke’s’, is as of now serving in the unpredictable Helmand area in Afghanistan. This year five of its men were slaughtered in the most exceedingly bad single Armed force disaster since English operations started in Afghanistan in 2001.
Officers from the contingent were stunned to be told at a regimental supper two months back that under recommendations to diminish the Yorkshire Regiment’s three brigades to two, the connect with the to begin with Duke of Wellington, who went on to move toward becoming Prime Minister, will go.
It incited a uprising from previous officers who asserted warriors serving in the battalion, who are prohibited from talking out, are pleased of its sublime legacy what’s more, need to save it.
The 300-year-old regiment battled under its name in the boer War, both world wars what’s more, Iraq
The 300-year-old contingent battled under its name in the Boer War, both world wars what’s more, Iraq.
An Armed force source said: ‘We are confident that we may however spare the name  of Wellington.
‘It is colossally empowering to know that Ruler Andrew is taking a sharp intrigue in this.
‘He has continuously appeared the most huge intrigue in the brigade what’s more, is tremendously regarded by everybody who has served in it.’
A last choice on the destiny of the Duke of Wellington’s battalion, what’s more, that of handfuls of other regiments, is anticipated to  be declared by Protection Secretary Philip Hammond next month.
Share what you think
The remarks beneath have been directed in advance.
The sees communicated in the substance above are those of our clients what’s more, do not fundamentally reflect the sees of MailOnline.
We are no longer tolerating remarks on this article.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *