The man captured in pre-dawn strikes over Sydney in September has been hit with three new terror-related charges.
While the unique charge of arranging an act of dread against Omarjan Azari, 22, still stands, prosecutors on Friday yielded the charged act was not a executing what’s more, was not arranged for Martin Place, the scene of this week’s siege.
Azari showed up by video connect from Silverwater jail after being transported from the Supermax imprison in Goulburn, ahead of a arranged safeguard application.Â
During Friday’s hearing he was charged with three new checks – two of intentionally making stores accessible to a fear monger association what’s more, one of endeavoring to make stores accessible to a fear monger organisation.
Scroll down for video Â
Azari has been charged along with a 25-year-old man who was captured in Beecroft in Sydney what’s more, taken into authority prior this week.
Azari is charged along with Ali Al-Talebi with exchanging cash to ISIS by means of two Western Sydney cash exchange businesses. Â
Police assert that on Regal 6, Azari what’s more, other guys went to a Travelex store in Parramatta Westfield Shopping Focus what’s more, kept $3000, which was to go by means of Pakistan to Australian ISIS enrollment specialist Mohammad Ali Baryalei in Syria.
Azari professedly held up outside the Travelex as the other guys saved the money. The following day, Regal 7, Azari professedly exchanged $3000, in the organization of other males, to Syria by means of Pakistan at the Western Union cash exchange shop in Reddish-brown in Western Sydney.
The cash was going to Baryalei by means of a man in Peshawar called Zia Abdulhaq, who has since been killed.
Then on Regal 8, Azari what’s more, Al-Taledi endeavored to exchange $9211 to Syria at the Bisotel Rieh Travel Agency, which is possessed by the sister of Australian Syrian fear monger Khaled Sharrouf.Â
The agency, which is worked by Damour Sharrouf what’s more, her husband, Ahmed Alwash, has since been close down by government agencies.
Azari’s lawyer, Steve Boland, said across the board media scope guaranteeing Azari had arranged a decapitating what’s more, picked Martin Put for the act was rubbish what’s more, that it would be practically inconceivable for Azari to get a reasonable trial given the ‘extraordinary conditions what’s more, the open environment at the moment’.
‘It has developed that the Crown has completely no confirm of such a thing,’Â Mr Boland said about charges Azar was arranging to freely guillotine a part of the open in Martin Place, video the slaughtering what’s more, at that point wrap the casualties body with a ISIS flag.Â
Commonwealth prosecutor Michael Allnutt said that in the charges against Azari, there had never been any say of an execution in Martin Place.Â
Azari’s safeguard application will presently go ahead on February 24 on the three new charges of financing psychological oppressor movement in Syria.
Last month, legal advisors for Azari guaranteed there was a a ‘glaring error’ in the government indictment case against him, saying the official interpretation of a telephone call at the focus of the police confirm against the 22-year-old student mechanic.
Prominent Sydney advodate Winston Terracini SC moreover said Azari – who is being held in Australia’s hardest jail, Supermax in Goulburn – was being kept separated from his family who are not permitted to visit.
Azarai, a previous soccer enthusiast what’s more, Parramatta High School understudy who developed up in Sydney’s western suburbs, was captured on September 18 at his parents’ home in Guildford in what was one of handfuls of strikes in a counter-terrorism operation by hundreds of police on homes in Sydney what’s more, Brisbane.
According to court documents, police captured a telephone call three days some time recently the attacks between Azari what’s more, previous Sydney dance club bouncer, Mohammad Ali Baryalei, who is charged to have enrolled half of the 60 Australians battling in the Center East.Â
Mr Terracini told Focal Nearby Court officer Greg Grogin in November that he had as of now had an Arabic speaker tune in to the telephone call in which prosecutors assert Azari made the risk to decapitate a individual in Sydney’s Martin Place.
‘There is at minimum one glaring mistake which goes to the core of regardless of whether this youthful man is included in a fear monger act,’ Mr Terracini said of the prosecution’s interpretation of the telephone call.Â
Mr Terracini said in spite of the Region DPP serving numerous reports in its brief of confirm against Azari, ‘only one piece of confirm is relevant’.
‘It appears to be the reality there is as it were one phone call … what’s more, there are mistakes in the translation.’Â
Around 12 homes were sought on September 18 in Sydneyâ€™s northwest rural areas by NSW Police what’s more, Australian Government Police (AFP).
Azari has been in guardianship in in the Supermax High Hazard Administration restorative focus for three months since the raids.
Mr Terracini said Azari had been anticipated from seeing his family by Restorative Administrations what’s more, prosecutors plotting in a ‘secret’ assention to boycott ‘visitors of any kind … family, his guardians who have no criminal convictions, his sister who has no conviction’.
Commonwealth prosecutor Karen Leavy told the court her office had ‘no influence’ over detainee classification.Â
Mr Terracini said Azari’s protection group was not intrigued in the 180 or, then again more records assembled by the Region DPP what’s more, that the phone professedly utilized in the call from which the psychological oppression charge emerged did not have a place to the accused.
‘We are intrigued in the telephone utilized purportedly by this man which the indictment knows was not his,’ Mr Terracini said.
Azari is denounced of contriving with Baryalei ‘and others’ in arranging a psychological oppressor act between 12.01am on Walk 8 this year what’s more, 4.30am on September 18, the time what’s more, date of his arrest.
Azari was captured the day after his guardians cleared out Australia to fly to Saudi Arabia for the religious holiday, the Hajj.Â
The account said Baryalei requested him to convey out an attack, which the Region Executive of Open Indictments (CDPP)said was ‘clearly outlined to shock, loathsomeness what’s more, scare the community’.
CDPP prosecutor Michael Allnutt told Focal Nearby Court amid Omarjan Azari’s to begin with court appearance on the day he was captured that he had had made a risk amid a telephone call a maybe a couple days earlier to the attack which included a ‘random choice of people to execute’.
Azari had shown ‘an strange level of fanaticism’ in the call, which was captured by police, Mr Allnutt said.
Court records recommend their plotting started on May 8, what’s more, the court heard Azari knew he was under police surveillance.
Azari is being held in Supermax under NSW detainment facilities most astounding security classification, which implies he would not be permitted to hold phone discussions in any dialect yet English.
Even his visits from his lawful group have been in the metal-lined lawful boxes inside Supermax.